Acc’d to this book: http://books.google.com/books?id=Wq1PRKKVhd4C&pg=PA19&lpg=PA19&dq=the+stump+tavern+tennessee&source=bl&ots=LAk1gm5YP4&sig=zwxWxfrrPR9-4kQyhNZrk_lpOzw&hl=en&ei=dgBUTIa8BoT68Abfu8SPBA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CBwQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q&f=false
The McCampbell house was built around 1800. William Hall built this house & lived in it until Thomas Harding purchased it in 1820. In 1847, it was sold to James Anderson from KY. In 1852, he sold it to Thomas McCampbell, who in 1846 had married Anna Gowdey, the daughter of a local jeweler & silversmith. It remained in the family until 1946.