Acc’d to this book:
Devon Farm, or Oak Hill, dates to around 1798 & now is on the campus of Ensworth High School. It was built by Giles Harding, whose sons helped him to clear the land & build the house. In 1806, his son John bought the Dunham cabin & moved there. Giles died in 1810, & his second wife remained in the house. In 1816, David Morris Harding & his brother Thomas inherited the farm when David came of age. Morris Harding died 1854. Fanny, Giles’ second wife, stayed on until her death in 1865. Her nephew, Edward Dickson Hicks II, inherited the farm, & five generations of his family lived there until it was acquired by Ensworth School.